Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Camping!!!

it's so cool to have thursday's off work....cause this week i requested to have friday off so i can go camping with the ol maypearl church group. We go camping every year and it started with my grandparents. My grandparents love to go camping. When i was just a little baby, my grandparents would go camping at davey crockett national forest in east texas. They got my family to go with them. Them my family decided it wold be cool to go every year. So my family started going. Then we invited our close family friends, the owens. Then we went with the owens and the bucks. Then we added another church family. Then we openly let anyone who wanted to, to go camping from the church. And now, probably over 15 years later, the tradition still continues and my family's camper is the focal point of all the other camping sites. It so cool and this year we are going again. I hope it don't rain the whole time.....The worst year ever what when it literally rained nonstop from friday night until Sunday noon...and it was 40 degrees at most. my family has also gone camping in colorado most of my life.....it's a great tradition for families and i encourage everyone to go camping and make it a tradition in your family.......especially if you are starting yoru own family.......if you don't like roughin, it's still worth going in a camper. It's peacful and very fun. I'm done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah! i was on that camping trip when it was 40 and raining and i woke up in a puddle of water and there was THIS THING called "the stench" and it would never leave!!!